Sonoma County Pagan Network

Meeting Minutes for June 12, 2011

10:30 am in Sebastopol, Coffee Cats Café

 

Present: Bruce (Thermal) Willey (Treas.), Oberon Zell (OZ) (Sec’y), Helen/Hawk, Leeanen Sidhe, Lilith Berkana De'Anu. Bruce has Bill’s proxy.

 

Hawk opens meeting at 10:55 with grounding. Hawk agrees to facilitate meeting. Forms agenda.

 

Old Business:

 

·      Minutes of previous meeting (May 15, 2011) read; OZ apologizes for getting them in so late.

MOTION: Bruce moves to accept Minutes as read; Leannen 2nd. Passed

 

New Business:

 

·     Treasurer’s Report (Bruce):

 

Bank account:

                                    As of 5-15-11                1684.61

                        No change in May

                                    As of 6-12-11              $1684.61

 

Cash box:

                                    As of 5-15-11                170.23

            5-19-11 -$25 to Francesca gas              145.23

            5-19-11 +29.11 Cauldron donations     174.34

                                    As of 6-12-11              $174.34

 

Gift card:

                                    As of 5-15-11              $102.08

            6-8-11 -7.95 paid Crystaltech             $  94.13

                                    As of 6-12-11              $  94.13

 

PayPal:

                                    As of 5-15-11              $  48.50

                        No change in May

                                    As of 6-12-11              $  48.50

 

Totals:

                                    As of 5-15-11              $2005.42

 

                                    Bank:                           $1684.61

                                    Cash:                           $  174.34

                                    Card:                           $    94.13

                                    PayPal:                        $    48.50

                                    As of 6-12-11              $2001.58

 

$320 check mailed to LBAG for dues returned by PO; mistake on address (probably in zip code).

ACTION: Bruce will contact LBAG ASAP to work out how to get payment to them.

$100 check to CAW for Annfwn assessments not cashed as of 6/1 when bank statement went out. Including the uncashed $32 check to LBAG, the actual amount in our account is $420 less than shown on report. Actual balance is $1581.58.

PO box rent due: 12 mos. = $62.00.


     ACTION: Bruce will pay PO box rent ASAP.

State Board of Equalization says we overpaid by $12.20.

     ACTION: Bruce will ask BoE to credit our account for next year.

MOTION: Hawk moves to accept report; Lilith 2nd; passed.

     ACTION: OZ still needs to go into Exchange Bank at Mendocino and Steele Lane and add his name to SCPN account as signatory.

 

·      Website (Leeanen, Webmistress): Needs another copy of April Minutes from OZ.

     ACTION: OZ will email April Minutes to Leeanen.

     Lilith has nice photo collage of Sierra’s amazing corn dolls. Leeanen notes that Yahoo list won’t allow photos, formatting, etc.

     Leeanen asks: Should post Lilith’s & other announcements to message boards outside of SCPN list?

     Hawk: Do we want to open our events to public?

     Lilith: Who is our community?

     Hawk & Leeanon: Everyone on SCPN e-list + friends & family.

     Bruce: Need for security team to deal with any problem people who may cause trouble.

     (Considerable discussion follows re: “friends” who may not feel comfortable among Pagans; consensus: people must take responsibility for their guests…)

 

·     Litha Campout (Bruce): Consensus ritual planning a la Reclaiming.

Leeanen: Should we continue doing Litha campout next year?

Bruce: Cost of 3 sites for 2 days = $183.50.

Leeanen: Post to SCPN: “Because of low turnout, this may be the last year we do this.”

Hawk: All who enjoy this event should really tout it to all their friends!

Lilith: Tell of our experiences, etc. Warn about windy days and cold nights!

Bruce: placement of large SCPN banners.

Hawk will make site map link available to Lilith & Leeanen for website.

Bruce is bringing barbeque stuf

 

·     Events (Lilith): Calendar (note changes):

 

June 17: Jo Carson—“Dancing With Gaia” film

July 15: Sierra and the Corn Dolls

August 19: Cerridwen Fallingstar (change)

September 16: “Gwion & Pagan Sounds” (change)

October 15: Samhain at Witches’ Ball party, not meeting—need someone to do ritual!

October 21: Divination Night; also BoD Election!

November 18: Voices of Roma

December 16: Yule (who will do ritual?)

 

This Friday (June 17) Jo Carson needs projector.

            Lilith: Shutterbug charges $125 for 24-hr rental.

     ACTION: Bruce will search for a better rental deal.

     ACTION: Lilith will contact Joan Marler to see if she has one she would loan us.

We still need to create rituals for Samhain and Yule.

Samhain: OZ won’t be here, but suggests masquerade… Bruce has greate Samhain Circle calling; offers to facilitate ritual planning, etc.

Yule: Leannen has idea for Yule ritual from Be a Goddess by Francesca DeGrandis. She will need at least 4 players. Theme: “Creation of All Things.” Colors: blue & black. OZ says MG has bags of materials, props, etc.

Joan Marler wants to come back to talk about Marija Gimbutas; Lilith is asking her about coming in Jan. or Feb.

Lilith is working on recruiting a replacement for her as Events Coordinator.

 

Meeting adjourned 12:15 pm.

 

SUMMARY OF ACTIONS:

·      Bruce will contact LBAG ASAP to work out how to get payment to them.

·      Bruce will pay PO box rent ASAP.

·      Bruce will ask BoE to credit our account $12.20 for next year.

·      OZ will go into Exchange Bank at Mendocino and Steele Lane ASAP and add his name to SCPN account as signatory.

·      OZ will email April Minutes to Leeanen. [ADDENDUM: DONE 6/13]

·      Bruce will search for a better rental deal for a projector for this Friday.

·      Lilith will contact Joan Marler to see if she has a projector she would loan us.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Oberon Zell, Secretary