Sonoma County Pagan Network
Meeting Minutes for May 14, 2012
6:00 pm in Cotati, Redwood Café
Present: Helen/Hawk (Pres.), Bruce (Thermal) Willey (Treas.), Oberon Zell (OZ) (Sec’y.), Susan Small, Lilith Berkana De'Anu; Storm Goranson
Meeting called to order by Helen/Hawk at 6:25. Grounding, and thanks to everyone for dealing with last-minute scramble.
Old Business: Minutes of previous meeting (March 11) read.
Action items from last meeting:
· Bruce will become PayPal signatory ASAP, using Exchange Bank as go-between. He still has to do this. He had his personal account hacked, so he’s paranoid about giving info. Storm is willing to become signatory. Bruce says he will do it.
· Susan will provide info on how to become a sponsor of www.SCPNmeetup.com. She made this announcement; will present more info. Now 48 members; affiliate discounts; costs $$ to become a sponsor—fundraising; Susan will present full info on SCPN site.
· Susan will submit 3-line listing for SCPN March meeting to appear in SR Post-Dispatch section: “Find Your Place of Worship” on April. This will cost $25. This turned out not to be the case, exactly; she found that these listings must appear every week, not just once a month. The cost would be $29/wk.=$120/mo. We cannot afford this. Susan is now looking into other venues for ads. Helen mentioned “Towns” section in PD. OZ recommended sending PR to religion writers in various papers. Susan will go into PD office and talk to reporters.
· Susan will post revised Bylaws to all SCPN members and others via YahooGroups list. She will coordinate with Helen, Lilith, and Leeanen to draft an announcement of 30-day notice of dues change (to $30/yr.) and post it to Yahoo list and email it to all members ASAP! This has still not been done. Lilith will send to all members; Helen will send to YahooGroups list tonight! All agree we don’t need to review her draft: “Just do it!”
· Storm will look into getting standard release form, and will create one for SCPN. He is still researching this.
· Storm will get info on how SCPN may join the Santa Rosa Interfaith Council. He learned that since SCPN is not a church, we cannot join the SRI Council; but individual members churches of SCPN (such as CAW and FOI) might want to join it. Storm proposes a subcommittee of Pagan Paths to meet and plan stuff; place on agenda for June BoD meeting.
Treasurer’s Report for February (Bruce)
Bruce doesn’t have a full Treasurer’s Report for March and April.
MOTION: Helen proposes a brief overview and copy of Report; full Report to be made in June. Susan 2nd; passed.
Beginning of March $1,902.80
Purchased new gift card.
Spent $250 on Traveler’s Insurance.
End of March $1,895.93
April start $1,895.93
Gave check for $340 to LBAGC; left in box, not cashed yet.
End of April, $1,895.93 + $434.24 in cash box.
ACTION: Bruce will become PayPal signatory ASAP, using Exchange Bank as go-between.
MOTION: OZ moves to accept Treasurer’s Report. Bruce 2nd; passed.
New Business (Helen has agenda):
Litha Campout & Ritual at Doran Beach.
Bruce sent out dates: June 22-24, noon to noon. He got 2 good campsites in his and Helen’s names on ocean side close to beach.
Friday night, Bardic campfire.
Sat. Main ritual.
Sun. pack out & leave by noon.
Ask for proposals for rituals; fall-back Reclaiming style (“Wing-It” Trad).
4 possible times for rituals:
Friday night (Bardic)
Sat. morn (dawn yoga?)
Sat. afternoon (main ritual)
Sat. night (Bardic?)
Must be cleaned up and out by noon Sun. Leeanen & Ben will be the last out and close gate.
Bring trash bags!
· May 18. Nicki Scully.
· June 15. OZ will present his Power-Point show on “2012: Year of the Awakening” if no one else offers.
· July 20. Loreon Vigne of Isis Oasis will present blessing ritual from Isis Oasis and Egyptian past-life readings and group meditation.
· Aug. 17. Susan working on this. Silent auction?
· Sept. 21. Susan working on this. Silent auction?
Email (Helen): Check your SCPN BizList email every 3 days min, or accept de facto agreement.
Lilith offers her house as a backup meeting place. Also Redwood Café.
Bizlist open to non-BoD members (currently @20).
Process with Nicki Sculley (Helen): Discussion around what we can offer speakers: $25 for gas + a 50:50 split of the cauldron as fallback for “big names.”
MOTION: Lilith moves we offer above as fallback and incentive on case-by-case to be voted on by BoD. Susan 2nd; passed. All agree to table further discussion ‘til June.
Helen officially thanks everyone for being flexible and coming to this last-minute meeting. Next meeting June 10.
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS PENDING:
· Bruce will become PayPal signatory ASAP, using Exchange Bank as go-between.
· Lilith & Helen will post revised Bylaws and announcement of 30-day notice of dues change (to $30/yr.) to all SCPN members and others via YahooGroups list & private email.
· Storm will look into getting standard release form, and will create one for SCPN.
Meeting adjourned 8:16 pm.
Oberon Zell, Secretary