Sonoma County Pagan Network
Meeting Minutes for June 10, 2012
10:30 am in Sebastopol, Coffee Cats Café
Present: Helen/Hawk (Pres.), Bruce (Thermal) Willey (Treas.), Oberon Zell (OZ) (Sec’y.), Lilith Berkana De'Anu; Storm Goranson
Absent: Susan Small
Meeting called to order by Helen/Hawk at 11:03. Breathe, ground, and center; make connection.
Old Business: Minutes of previous meeting (May 14) read and approved.
Action items from last meeting:
· Bruce will become PayPal signatory ASAP, using Exchange Bank as go-between. Status: Bruce & Jeannie will be going into bank together within week.
· Lilith & Helen will post revised Bylaws and announcement of 30-day notice of dues change (to $30/yr.) to all SCPN members and others via YahooGroups list & private email. Status: Lilith & Helen made 30-day announcement re; Bylaws; won’t mention dues increase until after Bylaws change is effected.
MOTION: OZ moves to approve Bylaws changes to go into effect June 15. Bruce 2nd; passed.
ACTION: Helen will email OZ new version to submit to Sec’y of State via CA Business Portal after 6/15.
· Storm will look into getting standard release form, and will create one for SCPN. Status: Storm brought draft of Juvenile Permission form. Correction: change “SCPA” to “SCPN.” Still needs work. OZ will send Storm a copy of GSW permission form. Done 6/19. TBC…
Treasurer’s Report for May (Bruce)
As of 5-1-12 1489.61
5-21-12 +405 Cashbox Deposit 1894.61
5-24-12 -340 LBAGC Membership Dues 1554.61
As of 6-9-12 1554.61
As of 5-1-12 434.24
5-18-12 +107 Cauldron Donations 541.24
5-18-12 - 53 Nicky Scully Travel expenses 488.24
5-18-12 +30 Storm Goranson membership dues 518.24
5-21-12 -405 Bank Deposit 113.24
As of 6-9-12 113.24
As of 5-1-12 110.08
5-8-12 -7.95 Pay Crystaltech website 102.13
6-8-12 -7.95 Pay Crystaltech website 94.18
As of 6-9-12 94.18
As of 5-1-12 147.00
No change in May
As of 6-9-12 147.00
As of 5-1-12 2180.93
As of 6-9-12 1909.03
No change to bank account in May.
ACTION: OZ will send thank-you note to Deb Hill & Sandra Brandenberg for their generous donation of $400 made 4/10. Helen will send OZ their addresses. Sandra just had surgery for head injury, and is presently in hospital…
As of June 9 (Bruce): More money in PayPal than indicated; will be in next month’s report.
Net gain in June @$30.
Pay for PO Box—$76 ASAP. Approved.
MOTION: OZ moves to accept Treasurer’s Report. Lilith 2nd; passed.
New Business (Helen has agenda):
Welcome Packet. Time to update our SCPN brochure (Helen has copy—PDF?)
ACTION: Helen will email current SCPN brochure to BoD for review.
Welcome letter—who to write it? OZ suggests Susan? Round Robin draft…
ACTION: Bruce will extract “Purpose” from Bylaws & send to all.
Resale Permit (Bruce): SCPN Resale Permit suspended; must renew if we want to do another Silent Auction.
Helen suggests checking PO Box more frequently. Bruce says he’ll check it weekly.
Paying Speakers (Bruce): For big-name speakers we can use Nicki Scully as a model: offer ½ of cauldron take + $25 for gas.
Lilith: Consider inviting Vicki Noble to present; 300-mi. round trip; can we arrange to give her ½ of cauldron?
MOTION: Bruce moves: If speaker has potential big-name drawing power, we offer them half the cauldron take or $25, whichever is more. OZ 2nd; passed.
Concert: Lilith proposes special concert of Gwydion’s songs by Artemisia and Morning Glory. Sept? Nov? MG must deal with getting masters to re-issue Gwydion’s CDs…
Welcoming (Helen): Ideas from Dailey of Isis Oasis/Reclaiming: Early comers do group visioning of SCPN Mission; also welcome and food blessing around food table. Invite people to introduce themselves to each other; especially welcome newcomers. Put signs for conversation topics on tables.
OZ wants name tags! Storm suggests different color name tags for old members vs. new.
MOTION: Lilith moves that Bruce buy contrasting color stick-on name tag labels & markers; authorize $20 max. Storm 2nd; passed.
ACTION: Bruce will buy contrasting color stick-on name tag labels & markers (Office Depot?); $20 max.
Outreach (Storm): Our Mission is to reach out to other Pagan groups; suggests sending announcements of SCPN events to other NorCal Pagan groups. How to find them? Lilith has list of Pagan groups in area and she and Susan are already sending SCPN announcements to all of them. Helen suggests special invitations to groups. Put note to forward on flyers.
Storm, Lilith, Thermal: Have number of groups come together and do 10-min. presentations on each; or even have full presentations on various groups. Or discuss pre-assigned topics, such as a forum on regular practice.
ACTION: Bruce will talk to Susan to schedule presentation on Free Folk.
Storm: We should send birthday card to Lorean Vigne of Isis Oasis—she just turned 80!
ACTION: Helen will get birthday card and mail it to Lorean.
SCPN Facebook—announce to everyone! Lilith? Susan?
BoD Meeting dates & times:
ACTION: Helen will make proposal for changing SCPN BoD meeting dates and times, as 2nd Sunday of each month is a conflict for her.
Litha Campout & Ritual at Doran Beach: June 22-24, noon to noon.
Friday night, Bardic campfire. Everyone should bring a teaching song or story to share.
Sat. Main ritual.
Sun. pack out & leave by noon. Bring trash bags!
MOTION: Lilith moves to authorize $25 max for s’mores for Litha campfires. Bruce 2nd; passed.
· June 15. OZ will present his Power-Point show on “2012: Year of the Awakening” if no one else offers.
· July 20. Loreon Vigne of Isis Oasis will present blessing ritual from Isis Oasis and Egyptian past-life readings and group meditation.
· Aug. 17. Susan working on this. Silent auction?
· Sept. 21. Susan working on this. Silent auction?
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS PENDING:
· Bruce will become PayPal signatory ASAP. Bruce & Jeannie will be going into bank together within week.
Helen will email OZ new version of Bylaws to submit to Sec’y of State via CA Business Portal after 6/15.
· OZ will send Storm a copy of GSW Juvenile Permission form. (Done 6/19)
· OZ will send thank-you note to Deb Hill & Sandra Brandenberg for their generous donation of $400 made 4/10. Helen will send OZ their addresses.
· Helen will email current SCPN brochure to BoD for review.
· Bruce will extract “Purpose” from Bylaws & send to all to create new SCPN Mission Statement.
· Bruce will buy contrasting color stick-on name tag labels & markers (Office Depot?); $20 max.
· Bruce will talk to Susan to schedule presentation on Free Folk.
· Helen will get birthday card and mail it to Lorean Vigne of Isis Oasis.
· Helen will make proposal for changing SCPN BoD meeting dates and times.
Meeting adjourned 1:39 pm.
Oberon Zell, Secretary