Sonoma County Pagan Network
Meeting Minutes for July 8, 2012
10:30 am in Sebastopol, Coffee Cats Café
Present: Helen/Hawk (Pres.), Bruce (Thermal) Willey (Treas.), Oberon Zell (OZ) (Sec’y.), Susan Small (Events Coordinator), Lilith Berkana De'Anu; Storm Goranson
Meeting called to order by Helen/Hawk at 10:45 am.
Old Business: Minutes of previous meeting (June 10) read and approved.
Action items from last meeting:
· Bruce will become PayPal signatory ASAP, using Exchange Bank as go-between. Status: Still not done. Problems with recognizing Bruce—need another official document from Prez (Helen).
MOTION: Bruce moves that Jeanie transfer our money from PayPal to Exchange Bank. OZ 2nd; passed.
[NOTE FROM JEANIE 7/30: “Correction for PayPal transfer, since Thermal uses the same PayPal sign-on that I once used and previously transferred funds in the past, and is now the treasurer, he's the obvious person to a transfer. This was probably corrected but I thought I'd put in a shout out just to be certain.
“Also I am happy to help with uploading another document to PayPal when you it. I'll have Thermal log onto PayPal at our house again just like last time so that the faster connection speed can be used”]
· Helen will email OZ new version of Bylaws to submit to Sec’y of State via CA Business Portal after 6/15. Status: Still not done.
· OZ will send Storm a copy of GSW Juvenile Permission form. (Done 6/19) Status: Storm still has to complete next draft of SCPN Juvenile Permission Form.
· OZ will send thank-you note to Deb Hill & Sandra Brandenberg for their generous donation of $400 made 4/10. Status: OZ brought thank-you card for all to sign; sent 7/9.
· Helen will email current SCPN brochure to BoD for review. Status: Still not done. Bruce & Helen will print up a small number (10-15) of current brochures by next meeting (July 20).
· Bruce will extract “Purpose” from Bylaws & send to all to create new SCPN Mission Statement. Status: Still not done. Bruce will post proposed new Mission Statement for online round-robin.
· Bruce will buy contrasting color stick-on name tag labels & markers (Office Depot?); $20 max. Status: Still not done; Bruce will have ready for next meeting. Lilith will coordinate with Bruce to get green and yellow Avery labels & template for name tags: SCPN logo to indicate members with space for names.
· Bruce will talk to Susan to schedule presentation on Free Folk. Status: Bruce will present on Free Folk Aug. 17.
· Helen will get birthday card and mail it to Lorean Vigne of Isis Oasis. Status: Done.
· Helen will make proposal for changing SCPN BoD meeting dates and times. Status: Helen has not yet made proposal.
MOTION: Bruce moves to accept previous Minutes. Susan 2nd; passed.
Treasurer’s Report for June (Bruce)
Total assets as of 6-9-12: 1909.03
As of 6-9-12 1554.61
No change in June
As of 7-8-12 1554.61
As of 6-9-12 113.24
6-11-12 Pay P.O.box -76 37.24
6-15-12 Cauldron Donations +74 111.24
6-15-12 Thelma Luvisi dues +25 136.24
6-15-12 Oberon Zell gas stipend -25 111.24
As of 7-8-12 111.24
As of 6-9-12 94.18
7-8-12 Pay Crystaltech -7.95 86.23
As of 7-8-12 86.23
As of 6-9-12 147.00
No change in June
As of 7-8-12 147.00
As of 7-8-12 1899.08
Net loss for June of -9.95
MOTION: OZ moves to accept Treasurer’s Report. Susan 2nd; passed.
New Business (Helen has agenda):
Events Calendar (Susan):
· July 20. Loreon Vigne of Isis Oasis will present blessing ritual from Isis Oasis and Egyptian past-life readings and group meditation. Susan needs more info on content for announcement.
· Aug. 17. Thermal on Free Folk—needs to write up presentation description for announcement.
· Sept. 21. No guest—Mabon. Silent auction? (aside: need new sales permit) –Have people bring stuff they’ve created in past year.
Helen—SCPN is not making much money with Silent Auctions—people are just looking for cheap bargains.
Raffle? Goals to raise money for (Projector!).
Bruce will look into legal issues; get permit…
Table until next BoD meeting…
· Oct. 19. Divination night?
· Nov. 2. Samhain—Witches Ball.
· Nov. 16. Open…
· Dec. 21. Yule. Shift from Pisces to Aquarius (Storm suggests Div night). OZ: Propose major ritual to be followed by all-night vigil at Raven Haven for those who wish to do so…
Bylaws Change (Helen): Feedback from Leah reviewed & discussed (see printed notes). Need to add new instructions re: dues as per discussion of Leah’s notes. Helen will create language for all this.
MOTION: Lilith moves to change language to specify:
1. Proposal for any annual dues change to be voted on at Aug. BoD meeting.
2. Proposal to be sent to members within 48 hours of Aug. BoD meeting.
3. Final vote to be made at Sept. BoD meeting .
4. Changes to go into effect Oct. 1.
Bruce 2nd; passed.
[NOTE FROM LEAH 7/30:
“SECTION 1. These Bylaws can be amended by the Board. Any Member of the SCPN may propose an amendment to the Board. The Board will then review the proposal and create a written form to be presented to the general Membership 30 days before the Board votes on the issue.”
“Your proposal will result in less than 30 days between presentation and voting.”]
Helen thanks everyone for staying late to hammer out Bylaws change amendment.
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS PENDING:
· Bruce will complete process to become PayPal signatory ASAP.
· Helen will email OZ new version of Bylaws to submit to Sec’y of State via CA Business Portal.
· Storm will complete next draft of SCPN Juvenile Permission Form.
· Helen will email current SCPN brochure to BoD for review. Bruce & Helen will print up a small number (10-15) of current brochures by next meeting (July 20).
· Bruce will post proposed new Mission Statement for online round-robin.
· Lilith will coordinate with Bruce to get green and yellow Avery labels & template for name tags: SCPN logo to indicate members with space for names.
· Helen will make proposal for changing SCPN BoD meeting dates and times.
Meeting adjourned 12:42 pm.
Oberon Zell, Secretary