Sonoma County Pagan Network

Meeting Minutes for March 10, 2013

11:00 am in Sebastopol, Coffee Cats Café

 

Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce (Thermal) Willey (Treasurer), Oberon Zell (Secretary), Lilith Berkana De'Anu, Storm, Benn (Terra) Reimann. Absent: Susan Small (Event Coordinator). Guest: Gus Dizerega.

 

Meeting called to order by Helen/Hawk at 11:05am.

 

Old Business:

Minutes of February meeting (Feb. 10) read.

MOTION: Storm moves to accept Feb. Minutes. Lilith 2nd; passed.

 

Agenda:

·         Directors’ Insurance.

·         Gus Dizerega pitch.

·         Morning Glory Award.

·         Litha campout.

·         Next meeting (Darryl) March 15.

 

Treasurer's Report for February (Bruce):

 

            Total assets as of 2-10-13                                               2448.09

 

            Bank:                          As of 2-10-13                              2230.97

                        3-8-13 Cash withdraw to renew gift card -130  2100.97

                                                As of 3-10-13                              2100.97

            (Treasurer note; check to Travelers for 266 insurance outstanding.)

                       

            Cashbox:                     As of 2-10-13                                173.50

                        2-10-13 Reimburse Oberon printer ink -100           73.50

                        2-15-13 Lilith and Ben gas stipend -25.00             48.50

                        2-15-13 Cauldron Donations     +10.00                  58.50

                        2-15-13 Book Donations           +29.55                  88.05

                                                As of 3-10-13                                  88.05

 

            Gift Card:                   As of 2-10-13                                  20.12

                        3-8-13 Pay Crystaltech                 -7.95                  12.17

                        3-8-13 Money to new card      +130.00                142.17

                        3-8-13 Buy new card                    -2.95                139.22

                                                As of 3-10-13                                139.22

 

            Paypal:                        As of 2-10-13                                  23.50

                                No change in Feb.                                              

                                                As of 3-10-13                                  23.50

 

            Totals:

                                                                        Bank:                   2100.97

                                                                        Cash:                       88.05

                                                                        Card:                                       139.22

                                                                        Paypal:                    23.50

                                                As of 3-10-13                              2351.72

 

We spent a fair amount in March:

Mailed check for $266 to Travelers Insurance (liability) 3/9.

Must renew domain names before April; $20.

MOTION: OZ moves to accept Treasurer’s Report. Storm 2nd; passed.

New Business:

 

Special presentation by Gus Dizerega:

Sonoma Wine Shop (across from Flea Market on Hwy 116) asked Gus to create a Samhain event 2 years ago. Gus proposed combining Samhain with Dia de los Muertes and holding it at Sebastopol Community Center in 2013. He has reserved SCC for Sat., Nov. 2 (Pagan Samhain). Perhaps Reclaiming would combine with us for the Samhain portion (in the evening).

Helen says she had previously proposed something like this to Reclaiming, but they weren’t interested; they just want to do what they always do.

Gus hopes SCPN would like to sponsor (name and money), and if Reclaiming won’t participate, then SCPN would create ritual and evening stuff.

Dia de los Muertes activities would be from noon to 7:00 (including dinner); Samhain would be 7:00 to midnight.

Bruce will talk to Anna in Mexican community and Sonoma Wine Shop (Gus will arrange meeting).

Gus is willing to create writeup: “Dia de los Muertes & Samhain—Together Again?”

 

Old Business:

 

·         Next Meeting April 15: OZ will send Darryl’s phone number to Bruce so he can arrange early setup with new projector. Posters being put up everywhere. Helen wants to have explanation from Darryl as to what he is raising money for…

·         Zazzle: Lilith has created several versions of our SPCN logo that people may choose from, on many items. Other designs may be submitted for BoD approval.

o   MOTION: Lilith moves SCPN approve Lilith to go ahead and announce Zazzle swag with SCPN logo on SCPN list. OZ 2nd; passed.

o   MOTION: Lilith moves SCPN accept design with circular letting around logo. Bruce 2nd; passed. (Helen notes that SCPN website URL should be small.)

o   MOTION: Lilith moves that SCPN accept donated art for future Zazzle swag—subject to BoD approval (donors will retain © and rights). Bruce 2nd; passed.

·         Directors’ Insurance (Bruce): Directors’ Insurance will cost another $266.yr, for one  million dollars coverage. Storm talked to Farmers’ Insurance, who said it’s best to go through our present carrier. Storm will study our policy, which Bruce gave him, and make recommendations.

·         “The Show Must Go On” award “for service above and beyond,” with the first one to be awarded to Morning Glory; Storm went to Hall’s Awards, 132 Stanford St., Santa Rosa, and brought back printed materials with examples and prices.

o   MOTION: Bruce moves to authorize budget of max. $50 for awards. OZ 2nd; passed. OZ will create text and check trophy shop for what’s available for $50.

·         Brochure: Hawk will make her changes in brochure, put it online, and bring it to next BoD meeting.

·         Hawk hasn’t yet talked to Glenn about an SCPN hospitality suite at P’con.

·         Bruce hasn’t yet changed lock on SCPN cabinet in kitchen. He will do so next Friday (3/15).

·         OZ talked with MG about hosting a monthly Pagan movie night at Raven Haven. They would like to do this on the first Friday of each month, at 8:00 (after dinner). People should bring snacks/drinks to share. However, their first Fridays in April and May are already scheduled, so the first movie night will be June 7. They will come up with a short list of possible movies…

 

Events/Calendar:

 

·         March 15. Darryl Cherney is confirmed. Showing and fundraising for Darryl’s movie, “Who Killed Judy Barri?” Suggested donation $10; all donations over base expenses to go to Darryl’s nonprofit. (Base expenses to deduct from gate = $50.)


·         April 19. Starhawk Permaculture video.

 

·         May 17. Leeanen & Benn of organic gardening (gophers!) and Biodynamics.

 

·         June 21 (Litha)

 

·         Future meetings: Norma Robbins will do program on altars (she creates them for Goddess fairs, Harmony Festival, etc.)

o   MG will do Goddess presentations by category.

o   Robert Russell (Asatru); prison chaplain.

 

SUMMARY OF ACTIONS PENDING:

 

·         “Dia de los Muertes & Samhain—Together Again?” Bruce will talk to Anna in Mexican community and Sonoma Wine Shop (Gus Dizerega will arrange meeting). Gus will create writeup.

·         Lilith will announce Zazzle swag with SCPN logo on SCPN list, using design with circular letting around logo (SCPN website URL will be small or absent).

·         Directors’ Insurance: Storm will study our current insurance policy and make recommendations.

·         “The Show Must Go On” award “for service above and beyond,” with the first one to be awarded to Morning Glory: OZ will create text and check trophy shop for what’s available for $50.

·         Brochure: Hawk will make her changes in brochure, put it online, and bring it to next BoD meeting.

·         Hawk will talk to Glenn about an SCPN hospitality suite at P’con next year.

·         Bruce will change lock on SCPN cabinet in kitchen next Friday (3/15).

·         Pagan movie nights at Raven Haven. The first movie night will be June 7, at 8:00 (after dinner). People should bring snacks/drinks to share. OZ & MG will come up with a short list of possible movies…

 

Next meeting: April 14.

 

Mischief managed; meeting adjourned 1:47 pm.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Oberon Zell, Secretary