Meeting Minutes for May 11, 2014
Held @ Coffee Cats Café, Sebastopol, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce Wiley /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben Terra (Secretary), Susan Small, Lilith DeAnu, Leeanen Sidhe.
- Meeting opens @ 11:00am
· Treasurer’s Report (Bruce):
- Summary: May’s Treasurer’s Report states that; SCPN started with $1413.23 (as of April 13, 2014) and finished the month’s cycle with $1464.28 (as of May 11, 2014). See posted Treasurer’s Report for a detailed breakdown of expenses, finances and assets for the month of April 13, 2014 - May 11, 2014.
- Bruce motions to accept Treasurer’s Report, Susan 2nd’s motion, unanimously passed.
- Note; Bruce paid $15.25 to Leeanen for her out-of-pocket expenses in purchases for the construction of the ‘Morning Glory Award’ (receipts provided).
· Events/Calendar (Susan):
- June 2014: Cerridwen Fallingstar will do a workshop/introduction on “A Year and A Day”, traditional novice training for Celtic Wicca.
- July 2014: Lou Florez is slated to give a presentation on ‘Santaria’.
- August 2014: At this time August is still open.
- Campout 2014: The SCPN annual campout is scheduled for the weekend of August 22nd-23rd@ Doran Beach in Bodega Bay. The campsites (2) are located in the Miwok Campground, at sites D & E. Check-in will be open any time after 2pm on Friday afternoon (Aug. 22nd) and checkout will occur by 12 pm (noon) on August 24th.
- Macha Nightmare & Gus DiZerega may be scheduled as future guest speakers.
· Action Items (To do list)J:
- Bruce to update SCPN Critical Business Calendar and to give to Ben to file.
- Consider moving Divination Night this year (2014) to either September or November so that we don’t compete with the Mystic Fair. (Note: must notify LBAG of change)
- Shea’s books to be placed or located in the LBAG book shelves – library system.
- Bruce to research what it might cost to increase liability insurance coverage & what the potential increased coverage might provide.
- Leeanen to update archive of past speakers-events (which stopped in 2010).
- Leeanen to change Mailing List button on SCPN Website menu options.
- Leeanen to create a link between the SCPN Meet-Up with The SCPN Calender.
- Bruce is to provide an LBAG key for Leeanen/Ben.
- Research to be done on design & concept for new SCPN advertisement cards.
- Discuss & plan/coordinate campout event(s). To be updated. An RSVP sheet?
- Bruce motions to accept SCPN’s April Minutes, Lilith 2nd’s motion, unanimously passed.
- Ben to bring copy of previous month’s completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
Board meeting adjourns @ 2:28 pm.