Meeting Minutes for June 12, 2016
Held @ Lilith De Anu’s residence, Santa Rosa, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce Willey /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben Terra (Secretary), Leeanen Sidhe, Lilith De Anu & Jeannie Armstrong.
- Meeting opens @ 1:00 pm
- Note: The SCPN Board did not meet in May 2016 because the SCPN Board meeting would have been held on Mother's Day. All SCPN Board members agreed to postpone the board meeting in May (2016) and meet again on June 12 (2016).
- Helen reads April 2016 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes and Bruce motions to accept the April 2016 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes, Jeannie 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Treasurer's Report (Bruce):
- Summary for April – May (2016): Treasurer's monthly report for May 2016 states that; SCPN started with $1385.95 (as of April 10, 2016) and finished the months cycle with $1380.00 (as of May 8, 2016). See posted Treasurer's Report for a detailed breakdown of expenses, finances and assets for the month/period of April 10, 2016 - May 8, 2016.
- Summary for May - June (2016): Treasurer's monthly report for June 2016 states that; SCPN started with $1380.00 (as of May 8, 2016) and finished the month’s cycle with $1114.10 (as of June 12, 2016). See posted Treasurer's Report for a detailed breakdown of expenses, finances and assets for the month/period of May 8, 2016 - June 12, 2016.
- Ben motions to accept Treasurer's Reports for both April - May 2016 and May - June 2016, Jeannie 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Other Activities:
- SCPN Board's monthly meeting will now be held at Lilith De Anu's residence unless otherwise noted, in which case the SCPN will meet at the Coffee Katz in Sebastopol. Paid SCPN members are free to join SCPN Board meetings at Lilith's and non-members can join as a guest of active SCPN Board members. Jeannie motions to implement this new SCPN Board meeting routine, Leeanen 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
- June 2016: Stone to give a presentation on Asatru (Norse Paganism).
- July 2016: Lasara Firefox to give a presentation on a different way at looking at the goddess, "5-fold goddess". Lasara Firefox will also have a book sale and signing for her book "Jail Breaking the Goddess".
- August 2016: Mark Green to give a presentation on non-deity paganism or "Atheo-Paganism". Also the annual SCPN campout at Doran Beach in Bodega Bay will be held on August 12-14, 2016 at Miwok Campground, Sites D and E. Check in time is at 2pm on Friday, August 12 and checkout time is at 12 pm on Sunday, August 14 (2016).
- September 2016: Grethchen will give a presentation on proper circle casting called "Drawing magical boundaries and containers".
- October 2016: October 21; "What is remembered, lives on": A Samhain based, participation orientated event where people are invited to share their stories of the beloved-ancestors important to them; cultural, spiritual or ancestors-family based. Also the SCPN will conduct its annual board elections. October 28; SCPN Samhain ritual along with the annual SCPN witches ball.
- November 2016: Divination Night.
- December 2016: Yule and feast.
· Action Items (To do list)J:
- Shay's books to be placed or located in the LBAG book shelves / library system.
- Helen to inquire about LBag keys.
- Bruce to provide Ben with a list of paid members and when paid.
- Jeannie to research SCPN cups for sale (as a fundraiser).
- Bruce to look into Redwood Credit Union conditions for a non-profit account (for the SCPN).
- Ben to bring copy of previous months completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
Board meeting adjourns at 4:50 pm.