Meeting Minutes for July 10, 2016
Held @ Lilith De Anu's residence, Santa Rosa, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce Willey /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben Terra (Secretary), Leeanen Sidhe, Lilith De Anu & Jeannie Armstrong.
- Meeting opens @ 11:55 am
- Ben reads June 2016 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes and Bruce motions to accept the June 2016 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes, Lilith 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Treasurer's Report (Bruce):
- Summary for June - July (2016): Treasurer's monthly report for July 2016 states that; SCPN started with $1114.10 (as of June 12, 2016) and finished the months cycle with $982.15 (as of July 10, 2016). See posted Treasurer's Report for a detailed breakdown of expenses, finances and assets for the month/period of June 12, 2016 - July 10, 2016.
- Bruce motions to accept June - July 2016 Treasurer's Report, Ben 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Other Activities:
- SCPN Board's monthly meeting will now be held at Lilith De Anu's residence unless otherwise noted, in which case the SCPN will meet at the Coffee Katz in Sebastopol. Paid SCPN members are free to join SCPN Board meetings at Lilith's and non-members can join as a guest of active SCPN Board members.
- July 2016: Lasara Firefox to give a presentation on a different way at looking at the goddess, "5-fold goddess". Lasara Firefox will also have a book sale and signing for her book Jail Breaking the Goddess.
- August 2016: Mark Green to give a presentation on non-deity paganism or "Atheo-Paganism". Also the annual SCPN campout at Doran Beach in Bodega Bay will be held on August 12-14, 2016 at Miwok Campground, Sites D and E. Check in time is at 2 p.m. on Friday, August 12 and checkout time is at 12 p.m. on Sunday, August 14 (2016). A Lamas/Lughnasadh Ritual is planned for Saturday, August 14 (2016) with a theme of "What brings you here". Also Friday and Saturdays evening meals are planned as a shared meals (pot luck) while other meals are the responsibility of the participants of the camp-out. Financial contributions for the cost of the camp-out are welcomed and encouraged.
- September 2016: Gretchen will give a presentation on circle casting, drawing magical boundaries and containers.
- October 2016: October 21; "What is remembered, lives on": A Samhain based, participation orientated event where people are invited to share their stories of the beloved-ancestors important to them; cultural, spiritual or ancestors-family based. Also the SCPN will conduct its annual board elections. October 28; SCPN Samhain ritual along with the annual SCPN witches ball.
- November 2016: Divination Night.
- December 2016: Yule and feast.
- January 2017: Yeshe Rabbit to give a presentation on Caya Coven.
· Action Items (To do list)J:
- Shay's books to be placed or located in the LBAG book shelves / library system.
- Helen to inquire about LBag keys.
- Bruce to provide Ben with a list of paid members and when paid.
- Jeannie to research/investigate Redwood Credit Union account information for nonprofits.
- Bruce to log onto Paypal concerning memberships to relay any relevant information to Ben.
- Bruce to construct a SCPN annual cash-flow assessment / expense report and email a copy to all board members.
- Ben to bring copy of previous months completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
Board meeting adjourns at 1:45 pm.