Meeting Minutes for April 9, 2017
Held @ Lilith De Anu's residence, Santa Rosa, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce Willey /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben Terra (Secretary), Leeanen Sidhe, Jeannie Armstrong, Lilith De Anu.
- Meeting opens @ 11:30 am
- Ben reads March 2017 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes and Leeanen motions to accept the March 2017 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes, Bruce 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Treasurer's Report (Bruce):
- Summary for March (2017) - April (2017): Treasurer's monthly report for April 2017 states that; SCPN started with $1683.02 (as of March 12, 2017) and finished the monthly cycle with $985.58 (as of April 9, 2017). See posted Treasurer's Report for a detailed breakdown of expenses, finances and assets for the month/period of March 12, 2017 - April 9, 2017.
- Bruce motions to accept March 2017 - April 2017 Treasurer's Report, Jeannie 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Other Activities:
- SCPN Board's monthly meeting will now be held at Lilith De Anu's residence unless otherwise noted, in which case the SCPN will meet at the Coffee Katz in Sebastopol. Paid SCPN members are free to join SCPN Board meetings at Lilith's and non-members can join as a guest of active SCPN Board members.
- Treasurer's financial monthly report will now be done from the first of the month to the first of the following month and not from one monthly board meeting to the next. This will result in a possibility of financial activity that may be conducted in the early part of any given month and not be shown in the same months? Treasurer's report which concludes at the change of the two adjacent months but be shown in the subsequent month. The Treasurer will make a note of any financial activity that occurs from the first of the month to the date of the subsequent SCPN Board meeting in the Treasurer's report at the aforementioned monthly SCPN Board meeting.
- Bruce motions to accept amended Treasurer's Report, Jeannie 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
- Leeanen motions to nominate Jeannie as "Membership Chair", a position to promote SCPN membership, Bruce 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
- April 2017: Cat Yronwode, proprietor of "Lucky Mojo" will give a presentation on "folk magik" and will donate 50 copies of her book to presentation attendees.
- May 2017: Isis Oasis to give a presentation on Egyptian goddesses and food.
- June 2017: Sparrow to contact an acquaintance to give a presentation on EB therapy (pending).
- July 2017: Cauldron of the Celts.
- August 2017: Solstice to give a presentation on her new book "Nontheistic Paganism".
- September 2017: Phoenix to give a presentation on making "Traveling Alters".
- SCPN has secured October 27, 2017 as its 2nd event in October (with/at the LBAG) which will be the date for the SCPNs annual "Witches Ball". SCPN will conduct a samhain orientated event on SCPN's 1st event for October (October 20th).
- November 2017: Divination night.
- December 2017: YuleTide gathering and feast.
· Action Items (To do list)J:
- Shay's books to be placed or located in the LBAG book shelves - library system.
- Helen to inquire about LBag keys.
- Lilith to send Anna-Lisa the business card art design.
- Revisit issue of increasing SCPN membership fees.
- Discuss researching accepting payments via smart-phones using an app that is a credit card reader.
- Discuss how to expand membership.
- Revisit the issue of purchasing $35.00 gadget "Chromecast" that makes the SCPN projector compatible with contemporary electronic device(s) .
- SCPN Annual Doran Beach Campout; discuss dates and site locations as well as using the campout as a venue for SCPN donations.
- Ben to bring copy of previous months completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
SCPN Board meeting adjourns at 4:00 pm.