Meeting Minutes for August 12, 2017
Held @ Doran Beach, Miwok Campground, Sites D&E, Bodega Bay, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce Willey /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben Terra (Secretary), Leeanen Sidhe, Anna Lisa and Jeannie Armstrong.
- Meeting opens @ 2:20 pm
- Ben reads July 2017 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes and Jeannie motions to accept the July 2017 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes, Leeanen 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Treasurer's Report (Bruce):
- Summary for July (2017) - August (2017): Treasurer's monthly report for August 2017 states that; SCPN started with $820.49 (as of July 9, 2017) and finished the monthly cycle with $835.92 (as of August 13, 2017). See posted Treasurer's Report for a detailed breakdown of expenses, finances and assets for the month/period of July 9, 2017 - August 13, 2017.
- Ben motions to accept July 2017 - August 2017 Treasurer's Report, Anna-Lisa 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Other Activities:
- SCPN Board's monthly meeting will now be held at Lilith De Anu's residence unless otherwise noted, in which case the SCPN will meet at the Coffee Catz in Sebastopol. Paid SCPN members are free to join SCPN Board meetings at Lilith's and non-members can join as a guest of active SCPN Board members.
- Treasurer's financial monthly report will now be done from the first of the month to the first of the following month and not from one monthly board meeting to the next. This will result in a possibility of financial activity that may be conducted in the early part of any given month and not be shown in the same months Treasurer's report which concludes at the change of the two adjacent months but be shown in the subsequent month. The Treasurer will make a note of any financial activity that occurs from the first of the month to the date of the subsequent SCPN Board meeting in the Treasurer's report at the aforementioned monthly SCPN Board meeting.
- At the SCPN's July 2017 Board meeting, the SCPN Board voted to increase annual membership fee to $50.00 starting 2018 and discuss the annual fee increase at the SCPN 2017 campout and at the SCPN's September 2017 LBAG event.
- SCPN Board members have agreed to implement a '3 point payment system', a process to help ease the burden of the new SCPN annual membership fee increase by offering SCPN members and potential members 3 different payment options. This '3 point payment system' process-plan is as follows; Point 1) payment options are $50.00 (one time complete annual fee payment), 2 payments of $25.00 or 5 payments of $10.00. Point 2; An active SCPN Board member is to collect money-payments and information or recording of payment(s) to give to Bruce at the end of SCPN LBAG monthly events. Point 3; The Treasurer is to have a (separate) ledger for recording membership payments and payment options chosen. Leeanen motions to accept '3 Point payment system', Bruce 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
- August 2017: Solstice to give a presentation on her new book 'Earth Based Paganism'.
- August 11-13, 2017: The annual SCPN Campout at Doran Beach Park in Bodega Bay. Earliest arrival time is 2pm on Friday, August 11 and departure time in 12pm noon on Sunday, August 13. Sites are D & E in Miwok Campground. In addition, each camper should be prepared to spend $10.00-$20.00 in cash to pay for SCPN's 2018 Doran Beach campout reservation.
- September 2017: Phoenix to give a presentation on making 'Traveling Alters'.
- SCPN has secured October 27, 2017 as its 2nd event in October (with/at the LBAG) which will be the date for the SCPNs annual 'Witches Ball'. SCPN will conduct a samhain orientated event on SCPN's 1st event for October (October 20th).
- November 2017: Divination night.
- December 2017: YuleTide gathering and feast.
- January 2018: Jeannie Armstrong to give a presentation on 'Christo-Paganism'.
· Action Items (To do list):
- Shay's books to be placed or located in the LBAG book shelves - library system.
- Lilith to send Anna-Lisa the business card art design.
- SCPN Board to continue discussion on allowing SCPN annual membership fees to be offered in a payment plan for SCPN members who might be economically challenged.
- Discuss researching accepting payments via smart-phones using an app that is a credit card reader.
- Discuss how to expand membership.
- Discuss the possibility of implementing the ability to make cauldron donations electronically.
- Revisit the issue of purchasing $35.00 gadget 'Chromecast' that makes the SCPN projector compatible with contemporary electronic device(s).
- Reconnoiter Doran Beach-Park for RV sites for potential SCPN usage/reservations in future SCPN campouts.
- Ben to bring copy of previous month’s completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
Bruce motions to adjourn board meeting, Jeannie 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
SCPN Board meeting adjourns at 4:30 pm.