Meeting Minutes for December 10, 2017
Held @ Lilith De Anu's residence, Santa Rosa, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben /Terra (Secretary), Leeanen Sidhe, Jeannie and Lilith.
- Meeting opens @ 12:00 pm
- Leeanen reads November 2017 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes and Leeanen motions to accept the November 2017 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes, Bruce 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Treasurer's Report (Bruce):
- Summary for November (2017) - December (2017): Treasurer's monthly report for December 2017 states that; SCPN started with $1094.23 (as of November 12, 2017) and finished the monthly cycle with $1395.28 (as of December 10, 2017). See posted Treasurer's Report for a detailed breakdown of expenses, finances and assets for the month/period of November 12, 2017 - December 10, 2017.
- Ben motions to accept November 2017 - December 2017 Treasurer's Report, Jeannie 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Other Activities:
- SCPN Board’s monthly meeting will now be held at Lilith De Anu's residence unless otherwise noted, in which case the SCPN will meet at the Coffee Katz in Sebastopol. Paid SCPN members are free to join SCPN Board meetings at Lilith's and non-members can join as a guest of active SCPN Board members.
- Treasurer's financial monthly report will now be done from the first of the month to the first of the following month and not from one monthly board meeting to the next. This will result in a possibility of financial activity that may be conducted in the early part of any given month and not be shown in the same months? Treasurer's report which concludes at the change of the two adjacent months but be shown in the subsequent month. The Treasurer will make a note of any financial activity that occurs from the first of the month to the date of the subsequent SCPN Board meeting in the Treasurer's report at the aforementioned monthly SCPN Board meeting.
- At the SCPN's July 2017 Board meeting, the SCPN Board voted to increase annual membership fee to $50.00 starting 2018.
- SCPN Board members have agreed to implement a "3 point payment system", a process to help ease the burden of the new SCPN annual membership fee increase by offering SCPN members and potential members 3 different payment options. This "3 point payment system" process-plan is as follows; Point 1) payment options are $50.00 (one time complete annual fee payment), 2 payments of $25.00 or 5 payments of $10.00. Point 2; An active SCPN Board member is to collect money-payments and information or recording of payment(s) to give to Bruce at the end of SCPN LBAG monthly events. Point 3; The Treasurer is to have a (separate) ledger for recording membership payments and payment options chosen. Leeanen motions to accept "3 Point payment system", Bruce 2nds motion, unanimously passed (a carry-over passed motion from August 2017).
- The annual SCPN dues increase (for 2018) and the new "3 point" payment plan was formally announced to the attending membership on the SCPN’s October 20th Lbag event. There has been no opposition voiced from the membership about the SCPN annual dues increase since the announcement on October 20th (2017). Therefore, the 30 days notice requirement has now passed and now the SCPN annual dues increase and payment plan will be implemented as of January 1, 2018.
- 2017-2018 SCPN Elections of board members: Existing board members have stated that they would continue to be board members for 2017-2018. SCPN Board Member Elections were held on October 20th, 2017 and the 2017-2018 SCPN Board Member Election results are as follows; President- Helen Willey, Treasurer- Bruce Willey, Secretary- Benn Reimann, General Board Members; Linda Johnson, Lilith De Anu and Jeannie Armstrong (ballots were counted by a non SCPN board member and all candidates were elected). Bruce motions to accept SCPN’s election results held on October 20, 2017 for the SCPN 2017-2018 Board Members. Leeanen 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
- Jeannie, Lilith, Leeanen & Ben to discuss/plan SCPN's February 2018 LBAG event.
- December 2017: YuleTide gathering and feast.
- January 2018: Jeannie Armstrong to give a presentation on "Christo-Paganism".
- February 2018: SCPN movie night.
- April-May 2018: Witch’s tea party & divination (vernal equinox).
· Action Items (To do list)J:
- Shay's books to be placed or located in the LBAG book shelves - library system.
- Leeanen to do a redesign of SCPN business card.
- Discuss researching accepting payments via smart-phones using an app that is a credit card reader.
- Discuss how to expand membership.
- Discuss the possibility of implementing the ability to make cauldron donations electronically.
- Revisit the issue of purchasing $35.00 gadget "Chromecast" that makes the SCPN projector compatible with contemporary electronic device(s).
- Can SCPN Board members make, purchase provide services as incentive(s) for SCPN membership.
- In 2018, start recruiting Div Night readers in September (2018). Possible locations/events in which to connect with potentially willing readers to donate their time for one evening for the SCPN could be Sonoma Countys annual Mystic Fair and the weekly "mini fair" at SOFA (south of A Street in Santa Rosa). Propose to prospective readers that they can use SCPN?s Div Night event as a venue in which hand out their business cards or other literature pertaining to their crafts/businesses.
- Ben to develop an Excel spread-sheet for Bruce to record and tally membership information (in reference to the SCPN's "3 point program'.
- Ben to bring copy of previous months completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
SCPN Board meeting adjourns at 3:00 pm.