Meeting Minutes for April 8, 2018
Held @ Lilith De Anu's residence, Santa Rosa, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben /Terra (Secretary), Leeanen Sidhe, Jeannie and Lilith.
- Meeting opens @ 11:30 am
- Leeanen reads February 2018 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes and Leeanen motions to accept the February 2018 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes, Lilith 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
- Jeannie reads March 2018 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes and Bruce motions to accept the March 2018 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes, Leeanen 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Treasurer's Report (Bruce):
- Summary for March (2018) - April (2018): Treasurer's monthly report for March 2018 states that; SCPN started with $850.35 (as of March 1, 2018) and finished the monthly cycle with $905.86 (as of March 31, 2018).
- Leeanen motions to accept the March 2018 Treasurer's Report, Jeannie 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
- SCPN Board members would like to acknowledge the Treasurer's ongoing hard work and for putting up with the other sometimes picky SCPN Board members.
- Note: Bruce has reformatted the SCPN's Treasurer's Report.
· Other Activities:
- Treasurer's financial monthly report will now be done from the first of the month to the first of the following month and not from one monthly board meeting to the next. This will result in a possibility of financial activity that may be conducted in the early part of any given month and not be shown in the same months Treasurer's report which concludes at the change of the two adjacent months but be shown in the subsequent month. The Treasurer will make a note of any financial activity that occurs from the first of the month to the date of the subsequent SCPN Board meeting in the Treasurer's report at the aforementioned monthly SCPN Board meeting.
- April 2018: SCPN will discuss Beltane and have garland making craft session.
· Action Items (To do list):
- Shay's books to be placed or located in the LBAG book shelves / library system.
- Leeanen to do a redesign of SCPN business card.
- Discuss researching accepting payments via smart-phones using an app that is a credit card reader.
- Discuss how to expand membership.
- Discuss the possibility of implementing the ability to make cauldron donations electronically.
- Revisit the issue of purchasing $35.00 gadget "Chromecast" that makes the SCPN projector compatible with contemporary electronic device(s).
- Can SCPN Board members make, purchase or provide services as incentive(s) for SCPN membership.
- In 2018, start recruiting Div Night readers in September (2018). Possible locations/events in which to connect with potentially willing readers to donate their time for one evening for the SCPN could be Sonoma County's annual Mystic Fair and the weekly "mini fair" at SOFA (south of A Street in Santa Rosa). Propose to prospective readers that they can use SCPN's Div Night event as a venue in which hand out their business cards or other literature pertaining to their crafts/businesses.
- Ben to develop an Excel spread-sheet for Bruce to record and tally membership information (in reference to the SCPN's "3 point program".
- Bruce to meet with Insurance broker. If any e-mail or phone communication between February-March (2018) with other SCPN Board members and any subsequent voting is required, Ben permits Leeanen to vote for him if he is not available (proxy vote).
- Leeanen to acquire the Paypal code from Lilith and Bruce so that Leeanen (web mistress) can fix the Paypal button.
- Ben to bring copy of previous months completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
SCPN Board meeting adjourns at 4:00 pm.