Meeting Minutes for May 13, 2018
Held @ Coffee Catz Cafe, Sebastopol, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben /Terra (Secretary), Leeanen Sidhe. (Note: Jeannie attempted to join the meeting via Helen's cell phone but a good connection could not be established.)
- Meeting opens @ 11:35 am
- Ben reads April 2018 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes and Leeanen motions to accept the April 2018 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes, Bruce 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Treasurer's Report (Bruce):
- Summary for April (2018): Treasurer's monthly report for April 2018 states that; (as of April 30, 2018) SCPN's total assets are $929.48.
- Note: The monthly financial statement shows $37.84 as a misc. expense. The board had only authorized the $25.00 presenter stipend to pay for the flowers for the April gathering activity of making floral wreaths for Beltane. However, the actual cost of the flowers ended up being $37.84. The Treasurer, Bruce, offers to donate $12.84 to make up for the added cost of the flowers. Leeanen motions to accept the Treasurer's generous donation of $12.84 to cover the extra cost of the flowers. Ben seconds the motion, unanimously passed.
- Note: Our annual LBAG membership dues (our rent) of $350.00 has not gone through yet and therefore is not reflected in the bank statement.
- Leeanen motions to accept the April 2018 Treasurer's Report, Ben 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
- SCPN Board members would like to acknowledge the Treasurer's ongoing hard work and for putting up with the other sometimes picky SCPN Board members.
- Note: Bruce has reformatted the SCPN's Treasurer's Report. See report summery below.
· Other Activities:
- Treasurer's financial monthly report will now be done from the first of the month to the first of the following month and not from one monthly board meeting to the next. This will result in a possibility of financial activity that may be conducted in the early part of any given month and not be shown in the same months' Treasurer's report which concludes at the change of the two adjacent months but be shown in the subsequent month. The Treasurer will make a note of any financial activity that occurs from the first of the month to the date of the subsequent SCPN Board meeting in the Treasurer's report at the aforementioned monthly SCPN Board meeting.
- Lilith DeAnu has written and sent via e-mail her letter of resignation to all the other board members. All of the other board members have acknowledged her letter. Bruce motions for the board to officially accept Lilith's resignation as an SCPN board member. Leeanen seconds the motion. It is unanimously passed.
- Jeannie has temporarily moved out of state due to the fires that occurred last October. However, she still intends to stay on the SCPN board at least through the end of her term which will end at the next board election in Oct. 2018. She will attend board meetings via cell phone when she can. She plans to return in August to attend the annual SCPN camp out.
- May 2018: Thermal to give a presentation on Free Folk traditional rites and ceremonies.
- June and July are open.
- Aug. 2018: Leeanen may do a presentation on wands.
- Sep. 2018: Gwion to do a presentation on food and magic (pending commitment).
· Action Items (To do list):
- Shay's books to be placed or located in the LBAG book shelves / library system.
- Leeanen to do a redesign of SCPN business card.
- Discuss researching accepting payments via smart-phones using an app that is a credit card reader.
- Discuss how to expand membership.
- Discuss the possibility of implementing the ability to make cauldron donations electronically.
- Revisit the issue of purchasing $35.00 gadget "Chromecast" that makes the SCPN projector compatible with contemporary electronic device(s).
- Can SCPN Board members make, purchase or provide services as incentive(s) for SCPN membership.
- In 2018, start recruiting Div Night readers in September (2018). Possible locations/events in which to connect with potentially willing readers to donate their time for one evening for the SCPN could be Sonoma County's annual Mystic Fair and the weekly "mini fair" at SOFA (south of A Street in Santa Rosa). Propose to prospective readers that they can use SCPN's Div Night event as a venue in which hand out their business cards or other literature pertaining to their crafts/businesses.
- Ben to develop an Excel spread-sheet for Bruce to record and tally membership information (in reference to the SCPN's "3 point program".
- Leeanen to acquire the Paypal code from Lilith and Bruce so that leeanen (web mistress) can fix the Paypal button.
- Ben to bring copy of previous month's completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
SCPN Board meeting adjourns at 3:25 pm.