Meeting Minutes for July 8, 2018
Held @ Leeanen & Ben's residence, Novato, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben /Terra (Secretary), Leeanen Sidhe.
- Meeting opens @ 8:14 p.m.
- Ben reads June 2018 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes and Bruce motions to accept the June 2018 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes, Leeanen 2nds motion, unanimously passed.
· Treasurer’s Report (Bruce):
- Summary for June (2018): Treasurer’s monthly report for June 2018 states that; (as of June 3o, 2018) SCPN’s total assets are $627.78.
- Leeanen motions to accept the June 2018 Treasurer’s Report, Ben seconds the motion, unanimously passed.
- Leeanen motions to forgive the Treasurer for not getting to the bank on time, on Saturday, to get the updated bank records. Ben seconds the motion, unanimously passed.
- SCPN Board members would like to acknowledge the Treasurer’s ongoing hard work and for putting up with the other sometimes picky SCPN Board members.
- Note: Bruce has reformatted the SCPN’s Treasurer’s Report. See report summery below.
· Other Activities:
- Treasurer’s financial monthly report will now be done from the first of the month to the first of the following month and not from one monthly board meeting to the next. This will result in a possibility of financial activity that may be conducted in the early part of any given month and not be shown in the same months’ Treasurer’s report which concludes at the change of the two adjacent months but be shown in the subsequent month. The Treasurer will make a note of any financial activity that occurs from the first of the month to the date of the subsequent SCPN Board meeting in the Treasurer’s report at the aforementioned monthly SCPN Board meeting.
- Jeannie has temporarily moved out of state due to the fires that occurred last October. However, she still intends to stay on the SCPN board at least through the end of her term which will end at the next board election in Oct. 2018. She will attend board meetings via cell phone when she can. She plans to return in August to attend the annual SCPN camp out.
- Jul. 2018: SCPN town hall meeting regarding the future status of SCPN.
- Aug. 2018: Leeanen will do a presentation on being a green witch.
- Sep. 2018: Gwion to do a presentation on food and magic (pending commitment).
- Oct. 2018: The regular gathering date is on the 19th. So far nothing scheduled.
- Witches’ Ball and Samhain Celebration has not been put on the LBAG calendar. The board agrees that our first choice for the date is October 26th (a Friday). The second choice is Nov. 2nd which is also a Friday. Helen is to make sure that one of those dates is chosen and placed on the LBAG calendar.
- SCPN Camp Out is set for Aug. 10-12 at Doran Beach. Funds will be gathered at the camp out to help pay for next year’s camp out in 2019. Bruce and Helen may not be at the camp out this year, pending the birth of another grandchild. Ben and Leeanen agree to arrive in time to secure the camp sites.
· Action Items (To do list):
- Shay’s books to be placed or located in the LBAG book shelves / library system.
- Leeanen to do a redesign of SCPN business card.
- Discuss researching accepting payments via smart-phones using an app that is a credit card reader.
- Discuss how to expand membership.
- Discuss the possibility of implementing the ability to make cauldron donations electronically.
- Revisit the issue of purchasing $35.00 gadget “Chromecast” that makes the SCPN projector compatible with contemporary electronic device(s).
- Can SCPN Board members make, purchase or provide services as incentive(s) for SCPN membership.
- In 2018, start recruiting Div Night readers in September (2018). Possible locations/events in which to connect with potentially willing readers to donate their time for one evening for the SCPN could be Sonoma County’s annual Mystic Fair and the weekly ‘mini fair’ at SOFA (south of A Street in Santa Rosa). Propose to prospective readers that they can use SCPN’s Div Night event as a venue in which hand out their business cards or other literature pertaining to their crafts/businesses.
- Ben to develop an Excel spread-sheet for Bruce to record and tally membership information (in reference to the SCPN’s ‘3 point program’.
- Leeanen to acquire the Paypal ‘code’ from Lilith and Bruce so that leeanen (web mistress) can fix the Paypal button.
- Ben to bring copy of previous month’s completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
SCPN Board meeting adjourns at 4:30 pm.