Meeting Minutes for November 11, 2018
Held at a SCPN Board member's residence residence, Santa Rosa, California
Present: Helen/Hawk (President), Bruce /Thermal (Treasurer), Ben /Terra (Secretary), Leeanen, Gretchen, Roger and Lorraine.
- Meeting opens @ 6:15 p.m.
- Leeanen reads October 2018 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes. Leeanen motions to accept the October 2018 SCPN Board Meeting Minutes, Gretchen seconds the motion, unanimously passed.
· Treasurer's Report (Bruce):
- Summary for October (2018): Treasurer's monthly report for October2018 states that; as of October 1, 2018 SCPN's total assets were $779.81 and as of October 31, 2018 SCPN's total assets are $1032.58.
- Gretchen motions to accept the amended October 2018 Treasurer's Report, Leeanen seconds the motion, unanimously passed.
- SCPN Board members would like to acknowledge the Treasurer's ongoing hard work and for putting up with the other sometimes picky SCPN Board members.
- Note: Bruce has reformatted the SCPN's Treasurer's Report. See report summery below (in Other Activities).
· Web Mistress Report (Leeanen):
- Leeanen motions to remove Paypal button and state on website that dues are now $50.00,
Gretchen seconds the motion, unanimously passed.
· Other Activities:
- Treasurer's financial monthly report will now be done from the first of the month to the first of the following month and not from one monthly board meeting to the next. This will result in a possibility of financial activity that may be conducted in the early part of any given month and not be shown in the same months Treasurer's report which concludes at the change of the two adjacent months but be shown in the subsequent month. The Treasurer will make a note of any financial activity that occurs from the first of the month to the date of the subsequent SCPN Board meeting in the Treasurer's report at the aforementioned monthly SCPN Board meeting.
- SCPN 2018 Annual Board Member Election results are as follows; Remaining existing board members have stated that they would continue to be board members for 2018-2019. SCPN Board Member Elections were held on October 19, 2018 and the 2018-2019 SCPN Board Member Election results are as follows; President- Helen Willey, Treasurer- Bruce Willey, Secretary- Benn Reimann, General Board Members; Linda Johnson, Roger Young, Lorraine Justice and Gretchen Williams (ballots were counted by a non SCPN board member and all candidates were elected). Leeanen motions to accept SCPN’s election results held on October 19, 2018 for the SCPN 2018-2019 Board Members. Bruce seconds the motion, unanimously passed.
- Gretchen motions that a SCPN board member (Gretchen) contacts Lilth and to acquire Shea's books (in Lilth's garage), Bruce seconds the motion, unanimously passed.
- Nov. 2018: Divination Night.
- Dec. 2018: Yule and feast.
- Jan. 2019: Tentatively Jan Ogren .
· Action Items (To do list):
- Leeanen to do a redesign of SCPN business card.
- Discuss researching accepting payments via smart-phones using an app that is a credit card reader.
- Discuss how to expand membership.
- Discuss the possibility of implementing the ability to make cauldron donations electronically.
- Start recruiting Div Night readers in September (2018). Possible locations/events in which to connect with potentially willing readers to donate their time for one evening for the SCPN. Propose to prospective readers that they can use SCPN's Div Night event as a venue in which hand out their business cards or other literature pertaining to their crafts/businesses.
- Ben to develop an Excel spread-sheet for Bruce to record and tally membership information (in reference to the SCPN's 3- point program.
- Leeanen to meet with Bruce to acquire the Paypal code so that Leeanen (web mistress) can fix the Paypal button.
- Ben to bring copy of previous month’s completed minutes and to do a vote to accept the completed minutes.
SCPN Board meeting adjourns at 8:35 pm.